Dr. Soma Sundar S
MBBS, MS (Orthopaedics), DNB (Orthopaedics), MNAMS,
FISS (Spine Surgery), FRCS (Tr&Orth, Glasgow)
Consultant Spine and Orthopaedic - Specialist and Surgeon
In 2011, Dr. Soma Sundar. S completed his MBBS from Annamalai University (Chidambaram) where he gained immense interest in Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Following his internship, he joined MIOT Hospital (Chennai) as Junior Resident where he got the opportunity to learn and work with Prof. Dr. P.V.A. Mohandas.
In 2014, he joined the AJRI (Asian Joint Research Institute) in SIMS Hospital (Vadapalani, Chennai) where he was trained by Dr. P. Suryanarayan and Dr. Vijay C. Bose. He pursued his Post Graduate Specialty Degree – Master of Surgery (MS Orthopaedics) in Chettinad Hospital and Research Institute in 2016, which he cleared in the first attempt and was the Topper of the Batch.
Dr. Soma Sundar. S has a profound love for teaching. Hence he joined Saveetha Medical College and hospital (Chennai) as Senior Resident in 2019 and was later promoted to Assistant Professor. He Completed his Diplomat of National Board (DNB Orthopaedics) in 2020 and was recognized by the National Board of Medical Education. The National Academy of Medical Science acknowledged his contribution and Bestowed upon him the title of member – MNAMS.
In 2020, Dr. Soma Sundar. S received the Prestigious Ramaiah – Johnson & Johnson Spine Fellowship and got the opportunity to closely work with Dr. Ravi Venkatesan, Head and Senior Consultant Spine Surgeon, Apollo Hospital (Main), Greams Road (Chennai) where he gained immense interest and experience in treating Spine disorders and got the chance to perform complex spine surgeries.
In 2022, The Royal College of Surgeons (UK) awarded Dr. Soma Sundar. S the Prestigious Degree of FRCS (Fellowship of Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow) in Trauma and Orthopaedics.
Currently, he is working full-time at Apollo Hospital, Greams Road, Chennai, and Consults Online as well as outside – Rheumatism and Arthritis Care Centre, Ashok Nagar, Chennai.
Managing Orthopaedic and Spine patients
Performed, assisted or Supervised
Cleared MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery) on 1st attempt without any arrears.
- Distinction: Surgery, ENT, Community Medicine and Physiology
- Topper of the Batch: MS Orthopaedics (Gold Medalist)
- Presented 2 Papers in Complex Spine Surgeries: ICS 2022
- Gold Medal Paper Presentation: Spine Surgery – IOACON ’18
- Gold Medal Paper Presentation: Paediatric Orthopaedics – IOACON ’18
- Gold Medal Paper Presentation: Sports Medicine – TNOACON ’18
- Best Presenter Award: MOSCON ’17
- Best Case-Presentation: SCORE ’17
- Organising Committee: ISHKS 2016
- Part of the Surgical team of the Longest Liver Transplant Surgery (22 hours) – SIMS Hospital, 2015.
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow (UK)
- Member of AO Spine (Switzerland)
- Member of SICOT (Europe Union) – Société Internationale de Chirurgie Orthopédique et de Traumatologie
- Member of APSS (Asia-Pacific Spine Society)
- Member of APOA (Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association)
- Life Member of Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI)
- Life Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOA)
- Life Member of Tamil Nadu Orthopaedic Association (TNOA)
- Member of National Academy of Medical Science (MNAMS)
- Member of Madras Orthopaedic Society (MOS)
- Life Member of Indian Medical Association (IMA)
- Spine Surgery – Complex, Microscopic and Endoscopic
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fractures – Surgery and Management
- Joint Replacement (Arthroplasty)
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
- Deformity Correction
Our World, Our Vision
We at SUNDARSPINE, believe in our promise to the world to provide Free access Healthcare Education to everyone. This site is a result of years of Planning and Hardwork. We are dedicated to help in your patient experience and aspire to increase our network globally and include a complete database of all health related information and guidance. We have just begun and we have a long way to go. Thank you in being a part of Us!!